Thirteen community groups will receive Community Ice Action Grants of up to $10,000 for the 2015/16 financial year to tackle ice in their local area.
Groups will use the funding for a range of localised activities, including workshops, forums, social media, awareness training for specific groups and developing short films.
The successful groups are:
- East Gippsland Ice Prevention Working Group – based in Orbost
- Rotary Club of Warrnambool Daybreak Incorporated – based in Warrnambool
- Northern District Community Health Service – based in Kerang
- Rochester and Elmore District Health Service – based in Rochester
- Northern Mallee Community Partnership – based in Mildura
- Macedon Ranges Local Safety Committee – based in Gisborne
- Rumbalara Aboriginal Cooperative – based in Mooroopna
- AFL Gippsland – based in Morwell
- Connect Youth – based in Donald
- Ballarat and District Aboriginal Co-Operative (BADAC) – based in Ballarat
- Bendigo Safe Community Forum – based in Bendigo
- The Centre for Continuing Education – Community Projects Department – based in Wangaratta
- Leisure Networks Inc. – based in Geelong
The Victorian Government has committed $500,000 to fund grassroots Community Ice Action Groups over the next four years as part of the Ice Action Plan.
The next round of Community Ice Action Grants will be advertised on ice.vic.gov.au in 2016.