The Victorian Government has invested $18 million so 500 more Victorians can access therapeutic day rehabilitation services each year.
These services provide more Victorians with the treatment and support they need to address their drug use, while maintaining vital links with their work, home and family.
The Victorian Government is working with nine expert drug and alcohol service providers to deliver the treatment with a focus on rural and regional areas. The service providers are:
- Latrobe Community Health in Gippsland
- Sunraysia Community Health Service in Mildura
- UnitingCare ReGen in Casey and Cardinia
- The Salvation Army and Mind Australia in Bendigo
- Ballarat Community Health in Ballarat and Horsham
- Odyssey House Victoria in Wyndham, Melton and Maribyrnong
- Western Regional Alcohol and Drugs in Warrnambool and Glenelg
- Stepping Up Consortium in Geelong
- Goulburn Valley Alcohol and Drugs Service in Hume.
Therapeutic day rehabilitation complements a range of alcohol and drug treatment services already available for people struggling with addiction, including early intervention and residential services.
Victorians seeking drug and alcohol treatment referrals, including community-based day rehabilitation, can call DirectLine on 1800 888 236.